Basketball uniforms have relatively high performance requirements, so if they are not handled properly during the washing and drying process, it is likely to damage the structure of the fabric and affect the performance of the basketball uniform. In order to prevent shortening the service life of basketball uniforms, you should pay attention to the following tips for cleaning and drying basketball uniforms.
Tips to Properly Wash Your basketball Jerseys
Remove the stains by hand
Before putting the jersey into the washer, remove the hard stains on the fabric and the stickers. Sweat stains are easier to remove, but grass, blood, mustard, ketchup, or beer can be stubborn. Here’s how you can get rid of them before putting your basketball jersey into the washer:
- Dampen the stained area in cold water.
- Apply the prewash stain removing agent (you can use vinegar or soap or shampoo) on the stain.
- Rub it gently with a stain removing sponge or a soft-bristled toothbrush, and squeeze out the excess moisture.
- Remove the stains as soon as you can before it becomes harder to remove.
Prepare them for washing
You’ll need to consider the color of your basketball jerseys (in case you’re washing all of them together), and other clothes you’re washing along.
- Wash your white basketball uniform separately, because the color of other clothes may seep out during the washing process, causing the white basketball uniform to stain.
- Avoid cleaning the basketball jersey and blue jeans as this may cause blue stripes on the jersey.
- Before putting the basketball jersey in the washing machine, turn the jersey over to protect the patch, lettering and stitching from wear.
Wash your jerseys in the washing machine
Even if you use a washing machine, you need to pay attention to some things to clean your jersey. Here are some tips:
- Use cold water to clean the jersey. Because hot water may cause the decals to fade, shrink and become damaged.
- Use good quality detergent without bleach. Liquid detergent does not dissolve well and may contain ingredients that can damage basketball clothing.
- If your basketball uniform is smelly, add vinegar to the washing machine to neutralize the smell.
Tips for drying basketball jerseys correctly
Avoid using incorrect methods to dry the jersey. They may damage fabrics and patterns. Take the following steps to properly dry your jersey:
- After taking the basketball jersey out of the washing machine, turn the inside out and shake it. This will prevent the stickers from sticking together.
- You can cover it with a thin fabric to prevent excessive direct sunlight.
- Avoid using a dryer, because high temperatures can cause the letters and numbers on the basketball uniform to crack and melt together.
- Avoid ironing basketball uniforms for the same reasons as above.
After an intense basketball game or game, a lot of sweat and dirt will accumulate on the basketball uniform. If you don’t clean it in time and continue to wear it, it will be detrimental to human health. If you want to learn more about basketball uniforms after reading the above, you can contact us for professional solutions.
As a professional manufacturer of customized sportswear, we have won praise and trust from many customers with our high-quality products and considerate service. We have a professional production team and flexible production lines, and can provide corresponding customized services according to the diverse needs of customers. And we can continuously adjust and optimize the design plan to tailor effective solutions for customers. If you are interested in our basketball jerseys, please contact us immediately!
[fusion_tb_comments headings="show" heading_size="2" padding="40" avatar="square" hide_on_mobile="small-visibility,medium-visibility,large-visibility" animation_direction="left" animation_speed="0.3" margin_bottom="50px" margin_top="0" /]